Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Decisions, decisions...

So, I haven't worked in about 18 months. My husband and I travelled for a year and then moved to Sydney so I spent time finding us a house, making it a home and generally trying to make life as easy as possible for my man who had to go back to work. But, that time is now well and truly up and I should be off looking for work again. But I just can't make myself do it. Somewhere along the line I totally messed up the career part of my life and the only work I am skilled to do I so do not want to do. What I have loved is spending the last few months getting in touch with my creative side again, and I don't want to give up my making. But, that is not fair for my husband. So what to do, what to do?

I have toyed with the idea of setting up a madeit shop selling embroidery and jewellery but it is hard to know if anyone would be interested in buying my things. Should I just jump on in and see how it goes?

I have also toyed with the idea of heading back to university to do another undergraduate degree but after doing it once (and still having the debt to prove it) I am not sure if I can commit to another four years and at least another $20,000 in debt.

Or should I simply suck it up, and start earning money again so my husband does not have to take the full burden of supporting us (he does stress, needlessly I might add, about our finances).

So, today I am filled with indecision and doubt, wondering what will become of this life of mine. So, here are some photos from our travels, just to finish this post on a high note. Thanks for listening :-)

2 comments:

  1. I hear you! This all sounds VERY familiar. It sure is a dilema, I too am torn between a dream, guilt & responsibility. I say give the dream a go first, set up your madeit store, there is little to loose, give it a try, I think you'll be amazed & you never know where it might take you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, my dear. I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm back to work now and not sure if I'm going to continue it. I have a dream and that's not it. Follow your dream! I'm trying to do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - every single one is appreciated x