Monday, September 27, 2010

I got my mojo back!

My sewing mojo that is. I have taken a rather extended break from sewing, after the last two dresses I made, neither of which are wearable at this point in time, I needed to step away from the sewing machine and reassess why I want to sew. And I realised that I was making life so hard on myself by rushing right into projects that are way to hard for me, especially after not sewing for such a long time beforehand. So I have been working on much, much simpler projects, using fabric I have found at op-shops, or that were already in my stash. I have nearly finished my version of this outfit.


The actual vintage outfit is available here but I have to say I like my version better. All I need to do is find some buttons for the top and then it is done so will try post pictures later on in the week. It was a much easier outfit for me to attempt, the skirt I have made before and the top is easy peasy (and of course the bow is not too difficult either). And now I am cutting out the fabric for another simple top, one that should be perfect for summer.

Plus, the most important part of it is, I am actually enjoying sewing these projects. I am not getting stressed, or angry when something isn't working, and am taking my time and enjoying the process, a new concept for me when it comes to sewing. So, yay for sewing mojo!!!!

(Now I just need to channel the same energy into finding a job I actually want to do... that might take a little more effort.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - every single one is appreciated x