Thursday, September 30, 2010

A sneak peek and a recipe


So, here is a sneak peek at the outfit I blogged about on Monday. It is finished but needs a mighty good press. I am thinking of wearing the orange top today with a brown skirt, and hoping that I don't look like a reject from the seventies...


And this lovely (or terrifying) pink guck you see is actually a yummy beetroot hummus that I made. We LOVE beetroot in our house, in goes into brownies, salads, sandwiches, stirfrys, the list goes on. So, after seeing a jar of this for sale at some crazy price I thought I would give it a go and you know what? It kind of worked.

1 can chickpeas
2 teaspoons tahini (super easy to make yourself, just google it)
1 or 2 cloves garlic
1 beetroot (mine was roasted but you could also use canned)
1 or 2 tsps balsamic vinegar
olive oil

Combine all ingredients in a blender, and add enough olive oil to get your desired consistency.

Lots more creative spaces right here.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I love beetroot too -- will have to give that a try. Gorgeous color too. Thank you for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh that pink beetroot humums looks great and i was only just talking to a friend about how easy it is to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that beetroot looks delicious! Now i have to decide between this and an egg tahini salad recipe that i found for my lunch today...so hard to chooose!!!

    http://www.draxe.com/video/egg-tahini-salad-transform-your-kitchen-ep-23/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - every single one is appreciated x